Our FloodBlock barrier provides a proven and effective flood prevention method. The barrier can be assembled to any length and be arranged to suit any direction and opening. The system can be rapidly deployed by one person. The system stacks within itself when not deployed, ensuring the absolute minimum storage.
How does it work
The FloodBlock flood barrier is assembled by connecting up the 1-metre long modular units using the universal key. The keys can be connected into any one of the four sides of the modular unit. This allows any barrier direction. When in use the majority of the modular units actually fill with the rising flood waters, which combined with the weighted universal keys ensures the assembled flood barrier holds back flood waters. All units and keys incorporate hard-wearing gaskets to ensure sealing.
When joining the barrier to a wall or similar a FloodBlock wall connector is used.
Anti vandalism bracket can be incorporated to prevent the flood barrier from being disbanded by unwanted hands when deployed.
In the above set up a free board is required
Key Benefits of Floodstop flood defence barriers Flood insurance is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain, and most home and business owners are aware that they must take responsibility in protecting their properties from the risk of flooding with flood defence barriers. Benefits of FloodBlock™ include: Rapidly deployable flood defence system Can be assembled by one person Small footprint Not affected by strong winds when deployed Highly flexible system More cost effective and versatile flood protection than sandbags Self-balancing with no bolting required FloodBlock wall connector allows easy connection to walls Units stack within itself for easy storage Recyclable and reusable. Can be used as leverage to gain flood insurance.
FloodBlock™ barrier assembly
- Inspect ground conditions and clear any debris
- Position the FloodBlock™ Modular Units out into required barrier length and direction
- Insert connection keys and fix anti-vandal brackets
- Pre-fill a minimum of every 3rd modular unit (with water ballast) along the assembled flood barrier. The remaining units will automatically fill with the rising flood waters (remove the front face bungs for this)
Connecting the barrier to a wall:
- Insert a FloodBlock™ Wall Connector between a modular unit and a wall to create a connection