Ground Reinforcement - Grass Grid
Frequently Bought Together
475mm x 475mm x 40mm - Ground reinforcement grids are designed to be installed to permanently reinforce soft ground and for stabilising earth banks. It is specially designed to support moving & parked vehicles, whilst allowing for dispersion and drainage. Each grid covers approximately 0.22m2, so you need around 4 grids per 1m2 of ground reinforcement required.
Our grass grid porous paver is ideal in the use of permanent reinforcement of soft ground for parking of vehicles and for stabilising soft earth banks. The unique ‘Geometric’ design of the grids allows the dispersion and drainage of excess rain and flood water and can be ideal when integrated into Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) and in areas prone to flooding.
- Spread approximately 200mm of type 1 (or another suitable) aggregate
- Add a couple of inches of sharp sand
- Some then lay a membrane / geotextile on top of this, but it is not absolutely necessary
- Lay the grids on top of the sharp sand or membrane
- Add an aggregate or soil & grass seed fill
The ground reinforcement grass grid is manufactured from high quality 100% recycled PP/PE and features a simple latch design enabling each grid to be connected together quickly and efficiently.
As a substitute for paving stones, asphalt and concrete, our porous paver provides a cost effective and environmentally friendly solution for both home owners and contractors. Once installed they can be filled and finished with a choice of mixtures, ranging from peas shingle, decorative stone, or if required a soil and grass mix.
Unlike other products on the market the open design of the ground reinforcement grid also allows grass to grow both vertically and horizontally. It is advised that special care be taken in the initial ground preparation before it is installed, this will ensure a perfect finish at the end of the project. Our full installation guide can be found on our website.
- Material - Polyethylene 100% recycled & 100% recyclable withstands frost and UV radiation.
- Weightload - 160t per m2
- Size - 475mm x 475mm x 40mm (4.4 tiles = 1m2) - please note prices are per gras grid (tile)
- Wall thickness - 5mm
- Connection - 8 connection latches
- Stability - 4 anchoring pins per tile
- Grass Growth - Horizontal / Vertical
- Weight - 1.05kg per tile
- Colour - Green