- Size –2.4m x 1.2m x 15mm
- Material – 100% recycled polyethylene
- Weight – 44kg per mats
- 6 Hand holes for easy handling and installation
- Maximum weight loading – 80+ tonnes (depending on ground conditions)
- Unique ‘non-slip’ surface for optimal grip along with additional pedestrian surface
- Unique Hand Hole Connectors
- Avoids health and safety issues
- Avoids property, heritage and environmental damage and reinstatement
- Avoids vehicles becoming bogged down
- Low transportation and handling costs
- Various connection options for different ground conditions and equipment
Safe Trak Heavy Duty mats can be used over soft or sensitive ground to help transport vehicle loads up to 80 tonnes. Our temporary ground protection mats are manufactured from 100% recycled high density polyethylene (HDPE) and at 44kg they are also easy to manoeuvre and can be simply installed by two men. On the one side of the ground mat there is a ‘anti-slip’ surface, this substantially improves the grip and reduces side way slippage, even in the most challenging weather or ground conditions. The other side has a deep traction 'anti-skid' surface, which is especially designed for heavy machinery and large vehicles to drive over.
Alternately we also offer a lightweight medium duty ground protection mat, which can take a loading up to 20 tonnes and is more commonly used for light traffic use and pedestrian access. Both the medium duty mat and this heavier duty mat require connectors to hold the mats together. Alternately we do offer a slightly smaller interlocking ground mat known as the Safe Site Floor Mat. These mats slot together using a simple tongue and groove system, making this the simplest temporary ground protection mat to install.
If a heavier duty form of vehicle access reinforcement is required then you may also be interested in our steel road plates. These road plates are commonly used to allow vehicles to pass over gaps in the road, such as trenches, or where repair work is required. As standard steel road plates are slightly bigger than ground protection mats at 2500mm x 1250mm, but they are also used as a temporary ground re-enforcement and access solution.