The Fork Mounted Drum Lifter provides a simple yet effective method of moving steel drums in a safe and controlled manner which is aimed at the small to medium volume drum user.
- Fully automatic without the driver leaving the safety of his seat
- Minimum moving parts for low maintenance
- Zinc plated twist screws for safe attachment to truck
- Maximum fork section 125 x 50 mm at 408 centres
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Position the forks the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Fully engage forks into fork pockets and tighten thumb screws fully onto forks.
- Drive towards intended drum with drum lifter arms positioned between middle two ribs on drum.
- Once the tip of the drum lifter arms touches the drum, continue to drive forward whilst lowering mast.
- Once fully engaged remain stationary and raise the mast. The drum lifter will automatically lock underneath the top rib.
- The drum lifter is now ready for use.
- To release the drum, place the drum on the floor, lower the mast and reverse away.
The Forklift Drum Lifter should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to:
A – All weld points
B – Wear and distortion of fork pockets and swinging arms
C – Any damaged parts
D – Thumb screws and pivots
Any problems found must be rectified immediately.
- General surface rusting especially in critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- All pivots and thumbscrews must be kept lightly greased.
- This product is certified for twelve (12) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by The HSE.
Health and Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the thumbscrews are fully tightened.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Do not drive into the fork pockets without retracting the thumbscrews.
- Operators must be kept clear of the mechanism whilst it is in use.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstances.
- The safe working load must not be exceeded.
- Do not attempt to lift damaged, open toped, straight sided or empty drums.
- Ensure that the mast remains in the vertical position at all times.