Rubber Floor Tiles
Rubber Floor Tiles
We have three different colours available for our Recycled Rubber Floor Tiles which are used as playground flooring, balcony flooring and roofing creating a safe and soft outdoor work and play areas. These rubber mat squares carry a critical fall of up to 1 metre making them perfect of low level outdoor playground flooring areas.
These Rubber Tiles are bought individually and 1m2 is comprised of 4 tiles. They provide a neat and stylish surface for your area and are easily installed onto solid and granular existing surfaces using the interlocking pegs provided or using a strong rubber adhesive.
Very easy to install and requiring zero maintenance, these wonderfully designed floor panels also allow for natural drainage to keep the surface below healthy – air, water and nutrients can reach the ground below which isn't always the case with alternatives on the market.
Interlocking Method (for a granular base):
- Prepare your sub-base (e.g. soil, sand) and ensure hardcore is level and well compacted – typically done using a vibration plate.
- Mark out edging system for your area where tiles will be installed to prevent outer edges moving. Can be made from concrete, plastic, timber or rubber.
- On top of prepared sub-base, lay the tiles one at a time starting in the corner and connecting each tile using interlocking pegs. Push interlocking pegs half way into pre-drilled holes and then push the next tile onto two of the pegs sticking out ensuring they are tightly pressed togehter with no visible gaps. Repeat this one row at a time until the entire area has been filled.
- Polyurethane adhesive can be used in the joints of each tile are fixed sufficiently to ensure total integrity.
Non-Interlocking Method (for a soild base):
- Prepare sub-base, concrete or tarmac and ensure concrete is sealed, fully cured, crack and gap free. Ensure tarmac is hard, flat, dry, fully cured over 30 days and free of all impurities.
- Mark out your area where tiles will be installed and install edging system around perimeter of where tiles will be laid to prevent outer edges moving – made from concrete, plastic, timber or rubber.
- Using appropriate polyurethane adhevise, apply 4 rows of adhesive to under side of tile in a 3mm bead. Secure tile in place and ensure there is 3-4mm joint between each tile that can be filled with sand or another fine-grade, porous medium. Repeat process until area has been filled and tiles are butting with edging installed earlier.
Our non-slip Rubber Square Mats can also be cleaned using warm soapy water and left to dry when they become unclean and grimy over time.
Simply contact our sales team to have a conversation about your requirements today.
Tile Dimensions: 500mm x 500mm
Tile Depth: 30mm
Tile Weight: 4.8 kg
Tiles Required per m2: 4 tiles
Material: Recycled SBR Rubber Granulate
Compliant with BS EN 1177