A quality trench cover, designed for 700mm trenches & weight tested up to 400kg, that is designed and manufactured to the highest quality standards in the UK. The key feature of LowPro 11/11 is that is incorporates the innovative flexible edge. Most trench covers require anchoring down, usually using bolts into the pavement, which is expensive and time consuming. The flexible edge means that once the LowPro 11/11 is in place it grips to the surface and is very difficult to move. This means that the trench cover does not need to be secured to the floor saving both time and money.
This road plate complies with the UKs DETR "Safety at Street Works and Road works Code of Practice", it is also an anti-slip footpath board & has a rigid inner section made up from glass reinforced composite that gives it its strength and makes the trench cover shock resistant.
Installing Trench Covers
- Place the trench cover centrally over the working area (2 person lift is recommended).
- Check the surface surrounding the trench cover and the areas where the flexible rubber edges will be resting.
- If the trench cover area is uneven then secure the plate via the corner holes. The type of fixing appropriate for securing these trench covers will depend upon the ground surface.
- If you are installing two trench covers next to one another, than please ensure the plates are touching to minimise the gap between them.
- To de-install the trench covers then lift by hand (do not use tools to aid lifting as this may damage the trench cover).
- When not in use store and transport the trench covers on a pallet.